Change up your favorite smoothie by using apple sauce instead of milk or yogurt.
- Snack cravings can come at anytime. Avoid the vending machine by having a single-serve cup in your desk drawer. No refrigeration needed.
- Pass on the ice cream; freeze apple sauce cups for a slushy, cool treat.
- Put warm apple sauce on pancakes instead of syrup.
- Add apple sauce to your morning oatmeal to get one more serving of fruit a day.
- Heat apple sauce in the microwave and then top with granola to make a quick apple crisp.
- Add a 4oz. serving of apple sauce to your meatloaf recipe, keeping the dish moist without adding fat.
- Freeze individual cups of apple sauce and use it in your kids’ lunch bag to keep food cool. It will thaw out by lunchtime, and give them a slushy treat for dessert.