- 1 ½ cups granular sugar substitute
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- ⅓ cup reduced-calorie margarine
- ½ cup MUSSELMAN’S® Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 eggs, or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons reduced-fat baking mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup macadamia nuts or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 3 baking sheets with butter-flavored cooking spray.
In a blender container, process oats on CHOP for 30 seconds or until oats are finely ground.
In a large bowl, combine margarine, apple sauce and sugar substitute, using a hand mixer on high until mixture is fluffy.
Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Add baking mix, baking powder, baking soda and ground oats. Mix well to combine. Fold in macadamia nuts and chocolate chips.
Drop batter by Tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets to form 36 cookies. Flatten each with the back of a spoon sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies just start to become golden.
Place baking sheets on wire racks and let set for 5 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets and continue to cool on wire racks.