Recipe Tags:apple butter, barbecue, barbecue sauce, barbeque, bar-b-que, BBQ, BBQ sauce, chile, chiles, cilantro, sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, medium, cut into small dice
- 1 ½ cups MUSSELMAN’S® Apple Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped canned chiles en adobo
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
Except cilantro, add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir in cilantro. (Can be cooled, covered, and refrigerated for a couple of weeks.)
• Brush on chicken or pork during last few minutes of grilling.
• Heat with your favorite meatballs for an instant appetizer.
• Stir into cooked ground beef for BBQ Sloppy Joes.
• Heat with cocktail wieners for a quick appetizer.