- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 serrano peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 ¼ pounds 90% ground beef
- ¾ cup water or beef stock
- ¾ cup MUSSELMAN’S® Apple Butter
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- rolls or English muffins for serving
- cheddar cheese for topping, optional
In a large saucepan, sauté the garlic, pepper, and onion in oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
Add beef and sauté until brown, stirring to break up the meat.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Sauté, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes, until thickened.
Serve on rolls or English muffins topped with shredded cheddar cheese.