Like This? Love these!
- FOR THE PEACH FILLING:
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen peaches, sliced
- ¾ cup MUSSELMAN’S® Apple Butter
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- FOR COBBLER TOPPING:
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
Place the peaches, apple butter, bourbon, sugar, and salt in a large slow cooker. Stir to coat. then spread out evenly.
To make cobbler topping; in a large bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk then whisk in melted butter until smooth. Pour the batter over the peaches making sure it coats the entire surface.
Place a long piece of paper towel over the slow cooker and cover with the lid. Pull the paper towel tight so it doesn't sag. (The paper towel absorbs the condensation so the top can crisp). Cook on high 4-6 hours or on low for 7-9 hours.
Once the middle of the top has puffed up and is golden around the edges, the peach cobbler is ready to serve. Check the center with a toothpick to be sure it's baked through.
Spoon the cobbler into bowls and top with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
- This recipe can also be made in the oven to reduce cook time. Prepare in 5-6 quart baking dish. Bake at 350° F. for 30-45 minutes.