Like This? Love these!
- 1 cup MUSSELMAN’S® Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat waffle maker. If desired, preheat oven to 200° to keep batches of waffles warm.
Place apple sauce, milk, butter, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender.
Sprinkle in the whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and kosher salt.
Blend until just combined, pausing the blender to scrape down the sides as needed.
Cook the batter according to your waffle maker's instructions.
If desired, place waffles on a baking sheet and keep warm in oven. Enjoy immediately with your favorite waffle toppings.